Every year it seems that the holidays come to us sooner and sooner! If you haven’t already, you may want to start untangling the Christmas lights from last year. But if you’re hoping to start the holiday season this weekend, outside of your dusty attic full of Christmas decorations, be sure to check out what’s planned in Boulder!
Downtown Boulder is starting the season with the “Switch on the Holidays” on Sunday November 18th.
The centerpiece of the event is the illumination of the Boulder County Courthouse, located on Pearl Street Mall. The fun and festive event will continue with the following specials
- The lighting of Flagstaff Mountain’s Star that overlooks Boulder
- A performance by the Boulder Chorale
- Santa’s first appearance of the season
- Fairview High School’s drum corps will play
- The Ice Rink at One Boulder Plaza will have a show, followed by a public skating session at 6:30pm
For the original event info visit the Downtown Boulder website.
While you’re downtown and getting in the holiday spirit, be sure to grab a hot chocolate to keep warm for the evening events. The most convenient places to grab a hot chocolate coffee in the Pearl Street Mall area (near the Boulder County Courthouse are;
- Atlas Purveyors – 1505 Pearl St
- The Cup – Espresso Cafe – 1521 Pearl St
- Foolish Craig’s Cafe – 1611 Pearl St
- Ku Cha House of Tea – 1141 Pearl Street
- Starbucks Coffee – 1433 Pearl St
- Woody Creek Bakery & Cafe – 1207 Pearl St
The best way to get to Downtown Boulder and avoid the crowds in the parking garage and parking meters are to take RTD to downtown. This will make it a fun and hassle free way to enjoy the start of the holidays with other Boulderites!